It can be very challenging to find a good LVLP spray gun and it can be more challenging if you are not aware of the product. LVLP Spray Guns uses a lower volume of air than an HVLP Spray Gun.
You should stop worrying about these guns earlier I was also at the same stage but with time I was able to learn a lot about these different types of spray guns. I have been using these guys for a long time and the difference between these all guns. The jobs which included LVLP guns were for latex paint and to spray cars.
Probably the biggest reason people prefer LVLP guns instead of HVLP spray guns is the price. LVLP is cheaper than HVLP spray guns. A detailed review of the best LVLP spray guns is given below in this article meanwhile take a glance at the quick Top 10 List given below.
Compare The Best LVLP Spray Guns List
- One-piece lightweight aluminum gun body with 1000cc aluminum cup
- Separate and Adjustable fluid, fan pattern and air controls for precise application
- Air consumption 3.5 to 3.9 CFM @ 30 PSI
- Working pressure 28-45 PSI. Maximum pressure 60 PSI
- Fan Pattern: 7.0'' to 10.9''
- LVLP Spray Gun (low volume low pressure), comes with a plastic non-drip cup.
- Die cast aluminium spray gun with 2 step trigger control for accurate results to be achieved each time.
- Adjustable spray width and fluid, increased transfer efficiency allows a reduced spray mist.
- Great for spraying where you have reduced air consumption (due to small air compressor)
- Suitable for lightweight material handling to handle a wide range of viscosity water or oil based materials for general purposes.
- F-3 mini spray gun ,1.0mm nozzle size ,wtih 125ml gravity cup,polish body
- APPLICATION - Cement paste, Lime slurry, Lime mortar, Waterproof mortar.
- Mainly for top coating/varnishes, it has good atomization.
- Professional HVLP spray gun with 250cc gravity feed cup.
- Comes in organized box - easy to store away for future use!
- Premium 1.3mm HVLP Gravity-Feed Spray Gun
- Durable and Lightweight Design
- Working Pressure: 18-30 PSI
- Average Air Consumption: 5-9 CFM @ 30 PSI
- Includes two(2) wrenches, two(2) cleaning brushes, extra filter and 1/4" female plug
- Suitable for water-based coatings or other medium viscosity coatings. The coating speed is 10-12m/min.
- Suitable for spraying on various surfaces.
- 9 air cap holes.
- Compared with HVLP, the working pressure of the spray gun at the nozzle cover can be lower than 10 psi, while the working pressure of the HVLP at the air cover is 10 psi, which is usually pushed higher.
- The LVLP spray gun uses a smaller amount of air to finely atomize the paint, resulting in a smooth appearance and minimizing overspray. This means that there is almost no overspray. Save paint costs and environmental hazards.
5 Best LVLP Spray Gun Reviews and Ratings
Campbell Hausfeld gravity-feed Spray Gun Kit (AT706099) is the ideal starter collection of tools for home Spray painting. Includes two spray guns, 2 adjusting valves, 5 in-line paint filters, 10 paint filters, 3 cleaning brushes, metal file, coupler, PTFE thread tape, and a wrench.
- Perfect for touch-ups or larger projects.
- Paint waste Reduction with precise results for maximum efficiency
- Best for automotive painting, carpentry painting, and other works
- Comes with a Case that makes it useful for convenient storage
There are some cheaper alternatives available if you are looking for a lesser price
Top Reviews by Users
Quality is legit, spray is sharp, strong, and consistent. Cleanup is easy and just overall a pleasure to use. I use this to spray oil-based sanding sealer and oil-based lacquer. Works like a charm.
The Astro EvoT13 EuroPro Forged comes with a Forged body which provides longer tool life and an anodized body for corrosion protection with internal coated passages. A Stainless steel needle and fluid tip with a slick finish help in faster & easier cleaning with an “Air Curtain” design to minimize overspray and pollution. Innovative, advanced EVO-T technology (Patented) provides the finest atomization & classic quality.
- Comes with a Forged Body for a longer life
- Plastic Cup – 1.3mm Nozzle
- The sprayer is Anodized for corrosion protection
- It is built with a stainless steel needle and fluid tip
- Faster and easier cleaning with a slick finish
- Design minimizes overspray and pollution, allowing the finest atomization and quality.
Low volume sprayer and takes some time to adjust
Some Popular Questions by Users
- Is this gun a “he” gun, HVLP, or LVLP gun? how is the speed of the gun, slow, medium, fast?
Answer: Astro does not call this gun LVLP and since it needs 11.5 to 13.5 CFM, it’s pretty clearly
2. Why The Sprayer throws paint in low volume?
Answer: Gun works well as long as you maintain it and clean it well. It sprays a good, fine, atomized mist that uses less paint to cover.
- Cheap and Lightweight
- 20 oz./0.6 l plastic cup
- Air consumption 3.5 to 3.9 CFM @ 30 PS
- Fan pattern and air controls for precise application
There are some heavy-duty alternatives available in the market
Top Review for SPRAYIT SP-33000K
LVLP guns sure beat it in material savings. I saved $88 in one week on clearcoat usage with only slightly more orange peel. If you clean your guns after use, these will stay in good working order for years.
- Designed to give you complete control of your extensive work.
- Air intake is low, and atomization is excellent.
- Stainless steel needle and nozzle that have been precisely machined
- For better centering and power, a robust nozzle is used.
- Housing is nickel-chrome plated and is very durable.
5. SPRAYIT SP-33500K – Best LVLP Paint Sprayer for the Money
This model is smaller in size and comes with a 120 cc plastic cup, and the full-sized one comes with a 20 oz./0.6 l plastic cup. The working pressure starts from 28 to 45 PSI, the maximum pressure goes as far as 60 PSI. It comes with a 0.8mm nozzle, and the full-sized one ( or the big one ) comes with three different nozzles (1.3mm, 1.7mm, 2.0 mm)
- Comes with 2 different spray guns (mini one, and the big one)
- 4 different nozzles (0.8mm, 1.3mm, 1.7mm, 2.0mm)
- Working pressure 28 to 45 PSI, max 60 PSI
- Air consumption – 2.4 to 3.9 CFM
Because of the LVLP nature and smaller size obviously, it is slow
What is an LVLP Spray Gun?
An LVLP gun delivers paint by utilizing a low volume of air and low pneumatic pressure. A series of baffles, chambers, and typically an inline regulator steps down the pressure from the compressor. Unlike HVLP sprayers, LVLP guns exist only as compressor-driven units.
Benefits of Using an LVLP Spray Gun
1. Fine Finishing
LVLP guns are suitable for fine-finishing work because of their TE and the ability to change the pressure output, airflow rate, and material distribution intensity. This is why these units are so common in applications like vehicle topcoats and furniture repair, where a perfect coat is critical.
2. Small Compressor
You are not interested to find a monster-sized compressor hanging around your house unless you’re a trade pro or an extreme DIYer. Thankfully, LVLP paint guns can be powered by small pneumatic consumer systems, which only need a powerhouse capable of a low 5 CFM (cubic feet per minute). As compared to an HVLP, which usually needs 8-15 CFM, you get a very compact one.
4. TE or Transfer Efficiency
Transfer efficiency or usually called simply TE relates to how much of the coating medium actually hits the target. While using power painter there a lot of wastage while some is lost through atomization and hover around in the air. LVLP guns have a minimum TE of 60 percent and some great products such as Astro EVOT14 — boast a transfer efficiency of over 80 percent. LVLP’s are very economical and results in less overspray, wastage, and are better for the environment.
Demerits of Using an LVLP Spray Gun
1. Not Ideal for Large Projects
If your is work is for a large project such as coating walls, deckings, and outbuildings then you don’t need an LVLP gun. But it doesn’t mean that you can take large projects like fence painting but it will take you weeks to complete a job which definitely will not be appreciated. So the scope of low-pressure low-volume spray gun is for accurate, yet slow, delivery jobs.
If you want a spray painter for large projects then go for airless sprayers.
2. Unsuitable for highly viscous paints
LVLP guns can deliver dense mediums such as primers and latexes but they are not suitable for highly viscous paints If your work involves hardcore mediums such as epoxies, elastomerics, drywall fillers, and roof-coats then you should opt for a contractor-grade airless or turbine machine.
Types of LVLP Spray Guns
There are two types of LVLP spray guns available in the market: Gravity Feed and Conventional Feed or Siphon Feed Guns
1. Gravity Feed Guns
These types of guns are designed with the paint cup on the top. Gravity Spray guns allow for smaller batches of coating to be used at a time. They are also quick and easy to clean up. They provide fine atomization and can be used effectively with all types of spray guns including HVLP, LVMP, or Conventional. The main disadvantage is that they require material to be able to flow on its own.
There are many Pros and cons of using Gravity Feed guns which are listed below:
- Cleanup is easy.
- Affordably priced (between $400 and $700 less than a pressure fed spray gun, but comparable to suction fed spray guns)
- You will obtain a high-quality finish
- Slower fluid volumes can be delivered, which is suitable for small projects and touch-up jobs.
- With a removable insert liner, you can change colors easily.
- When compared to a suction-fed spray gun, you have more control over the atomization air.
- A smaller volume of material is used than when pressure is applied (same as suction fed)
- Painters don’t always like how heavy the paint is on top of the gun.
- Fluid distribution is difficult to manage (controlled by changing fluid nozzle sizes)
- Heavy-bodied coatings are difficult to spray.
2. Siphon Feed Guns
Siphon Feed types are the oldest ones. The paint cup in these types of LVLP spray guns are located at the bottom of the entire device. Unlike the previous one siphon feed spray guns do not use gravity to get the spray in the nozzle. Instead, Siphon uses a complex siphoning mechanism to feed the nozzle with paint.
Pros and Cons of using Gravity and Siphon spray guns are listed below
- It’s the simplest to learn how to use.
- Spray guns that are gravity-fed provide more comfort.
- Works well with specialty coatings like adhesives and can produce specific finish results.
- When compared to a gravity-fed spray gun, there is less control over air atomization.
- Heavy-bodied coatings are difficult to work with.
- Since larger fluid nozzles are needed, the finish is not as fine as a finish.
- Color changes aren’t as easy as they seem.
Top Features To Look in the Best LVLP Spray Gun
Given below are some of the features of the LVLP spray gun.
- Design: components that are simplified and have a heavy-duty design. They tend to provide a longer lifespan. They are inexpensive to replace and provide you the best value over other low-quality designs.
- Fluid block: in order to give the mixing chamber a breeze, the spray gun should come with easy access to the fluid block.
- It should be inexpensive to maintain
- It should have a minimal bounce back.
- The spray gun should be efficient with high transfer: This prevents the wastage of paint and makes your work done with less pain.
- The LVLP best spray gun should have features that cut labor time.
- In order to minimize wear and tear, the gun should have low fluid pressure.
- Less over-spray: The higher is the volume of the material displaced, the lesser is the overspray wastage.
- Spray guns should be portable.
- It should also have a moisture-free atomizing air chamber.
- The spray patterns should vary from ¼” to 12”.
- A good spray gun helps in reducing material consumption by 40%.
- It should affordable and within your budget.
Why you should buy spray guns from Amazon
Nowadays, people have become so reliant on e-commerce platforms that they do not even want to move out of their homes.
They just want to stay in the comfort of their home and make the purchase done. It is recommended to purchase the product from e-commerce sites.
When it comes to purchasing any home appliance or gadget or equipment, Amazon is the one-stop for all of your requirements. It is considered the best of the lot.
It helps you to categorize the products of the same kind and lets you compare the prices with specification details.
Thus, choosing and finalizing the product based on your requirements becomes an easy task.
Like other e-commerce sites, Amazon ships the item and delivers it to your doorstep.
Once you finalize your product, all you need to do is place the order on Amazon. It will deliver the product on time and do not have to worry about that.
All the products sold on Amazon are original and certified. They take care of all the logistic issues.
If you are not satisfied with any of the purchased products, Amazon has return and exchange policies.
What kind of projects will you use the LVLP spray gun for?
So the most important question is here. Probably this is the question you should ask every time you purchase anything new. Every sprayer is more efficient in a particular task, different LVLP sprayers are listed above it is up to you which one you choose. It depends on your painting needs, such as painting your car, your motorcycle, your house doors. Although if you go with anyone listed above the possibilities are endless. I have used Astro EVOT13 EuroPro Forged for many different tasks such as spraying bathroom cabinets, painting my truck and my old motorcycle which looks new today.
Are LVLP guns durable?
There are different types of material used in guns. It is up to you which one you choose, however, if you want a durable one go for the one built with high-quality and corrosion-resistant materials. If properly maintained a paint sprayer can last for up to 10 years.
What are the main disadvantages of using an LVLP spray gun?
As you all know LVLP is slow as it is used for precision painting. Although you can use it for bigger tasks at times it becomes very frustrating. The main shortcoming is paint dripping, which can cause a mess. The most common area where dripping occurs is at its nozzle but there are many drip-proof spray guns available in the market.
Which kind of tasks can be completed with this spray gun?
People say that LVLP guns can only be used for small tasks. But I have completed many big tasks easily with these types of guns. There are two types of LVLP spray guns available in the market (1,3 mm, 1.7mm) you can use the 1.3mm one for small tasks, and the 1.7mm for bigger tasks.
Which one is better HVLP or LVLP?
Both HVLP and LVLP are best in their own specialty. The fine atomization and limited overspray of an LVLP unit make it ideal for small jobs where the perfect coat is crucial. HVLP guns are suited to larger projects that require paint more coverage quickly.
Can You Paint a Car With an LVLP Gun?
LVLP performs on low overspray and it Is ideal for the perfect finish demanded by automotive respraying. Many people use dense-medium compatibility of an HVLP gun for the primer then LVLP for the topcoat. Check 7 Best Paint Sprayer For Cars
Some Useful Tips for LVLP Spray Guns
- LVLP spray guns can be hard to maintain so choose branded and durable product and the model which is easier to operate and maintain. Your sprayers should be cleaned properly every day after use. if you fail to clean your sprayer the result can be shortening your sprayer’s lifespan.
- As these sprayers throw limited to paint and can be very time-consuming you should prefer the model which is lightweight and easy to work with. You should avoid heavy spray guns as it make you tired very easily.
- The Material which I will recommend in a Best LVLP Sprayer is aluminum as aluminum is lightweight, sturdy, and corrosion-resistant. It will maintain the longevity and durability of the sprayer also it does not need a lot of maintenance.
Our top pick for The Best LVLP Spray Guns is the Campbell Hausfeld Paint Spray Gun Kit, Gravity Feed. The reason for choosing this sprayer is because it is durable, lightweight, and has a variety of applications.
But if you want to go with a budget-friendly option that is still efficient and long-lasting, then you can also consider the SPRAYIT SP-352 Gravity Feed Spray Gun.
Read some more related articles:
- Best Paint Sprayer For Chalk Paint [Reviews in 2021]
- Best Commercial Paint Sprayer [Reviews in 2021]
- 7 Best Air Compressor for Spray Painting [Review in 2021]
I am Benjamin Bevan. I am a color worker. Even I am a professional blogger, Website article writer. I am the founder of this blog: YourPaintSprayer.com I always use several paint spray guns for my profession. So I have shared my experience on this blog about paint spray gun.